Prima ballerina Daria Klimentová was born in Prague and danced with at the National Theatre until joining English National Ballet. She frequently returns to her home town, and has always wished to take dancers and teachers of the highest calibre to Prague, so that students and rising stars of the future could benefit from their vast experience and at the same time enjoy one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
Our aim in presenting these masterclasses is to:
- Enable closer links between students, aspiring dancers and high calibre performing artists.
- Promote the city of Prague, and the cultural heritage of Bohemia, especially dance.
Looking around at summer schools on offer we decided to fill a gap in what was available, and give people a chance to learn from the stars that they may have seen on stages around the world. It is rare to have an opportunity to attend masterclasses from artists who are still performing, and we wanted to change this.
The Ballet of the National Theatre in Prague has been very supportive of this venture and has made available their superb studios and facilities. Daria and the National Theatre are keen to promote Prague and the Arts and this is an opportunity to combine the two for a complete cultural experience in the heart of Bohemia.
Future years will see many stars giving master classes at this event; many of Daria’s peers have offered to attend in the years to come, so if you can’t come this year, watch this space!
- Candidates will be selected from the applications submitted and shall be notified of the results using the candidate’s stamped addressed envelope.
- The committee’s decision is final, and no correspondence can be entered to if the result of the application is unfavourable
- Applications cannot be accepted without an accompanying photograph
- Candidates may be professional, semi-professional or have completed one-year in full-time training for a career in dance, and have reached their 16th birthday by the beginning of the course.
- Closing date for the applications is 14th July. However, places are limited, therefore it is advisable to apply as soon as possible
- The Administrator must be informed if a candidate has any allergy or other health problems, and an accompanying letter must be submitted
- The Directors reserve the right to retain all or part of the course fees in the event of the applicant’s withdrawal
- Candidates not paying by draft in Sterling drawn on a UK bank will be charged a £20 handling fee to be added to the price of the course variant of your choice
- Final schedule for the course shall be posted on the notice board of the studios on the first day of the course
- All candidates must bring normal practice wear, and female candidates are expected to bring pointe shoes with them
- The organisers will not be held responsible for any damage or injury, however caused, to any person attending the course, nor for the loss of any property
- The Directors reserve the right to change the teachers or Artistes in the event of illness or any other unavoidable causes
- It is recommended, as whenever travelling abroad, that the candidate takes out personal insurance.
- No candidate can attend the course if carrying an injury prior to attending
For all queries, please write to:
Ian Comer, Administrator,
Prague International Ballet Masterclasses,
60, Rothschild Road,
London W4 5HT, UK